Spa Dog has made a promise to take the very best care of our planet that we can. As dog groomers, one of the ways we do that is by using shampoos, toothpaste, ear cleaner, and spritzes that do not harm the ecosystem when they get rinsed down the drain. They are completely bio-degradable as they make their way into our rivers, lakes and oceans. This also means, that when you go camping with Fido, you can take him down to the lake, give him a good wash, and know that no fish or wildlife will be harmed (unless he catches one himself).
no animal testing
All of our products that we use and sell are vegan and cruelty free, and have never been tested on animals at any stage of production.
what's not in our products
- Sodium Laurel Sulfate or Sulfoacetates
- Sodium Laureth / Ammonium Sulfates
- Methyl, Propyl or Butyl Parabens
- Cocomide DEA, Lauramide MEA or TEA
- GMO (Genetically Modified Organisms)
- Imidiazodinyl Urea or animal urea
- Propylene Glycol or Tetrasodium EDTA
- PET-150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate
- Polyquaternium-7 / 79
- Mineral Oil or PEG-4 Dilaurate
- Synthetic Frangrances
- Hidden or misleading ingredient listings such as 'natural cleansers' or 'coconut derived'
- Animal products
what is in our products
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Potassium Hydroxide (lye - mixes with oil to make soap)
- Organic Olive Oil
- Organic Sunflower Oil
- Organic Shea Butter
- Organic Aloe Vera
- Glycerin (by-product of soap making, moisturizer)
- Guar Gum (thickener)
- Citric Acid (thickener, pH balancer)
- Rosemary Extract (preservative)
- Organic Essential Oils
- lots of love
Black Sheep Organics limits it's use of plastic and excess materials as much as possible, and stays abreast of current eco-friendly packaging technology.
Our larger shampoo refill bottles are made of glass, and are reusable, returnable and refillable, and they're far sturdier than their plastic counterparts. Additionally, glass can be recycled an indefinite amount of times, and works best for the environment when the product does not require distant shipping because of it's weight.
For our smaller shampoo bottles, the most earth friendly choice with current technology is, unfortunately, plastic. But... the plastic we use is 100% Post Consumer Recycled (PCR), which means it has already had a past life, and it's also 100% recyclable, so it can have a future as well. It's #1 PETE, which is the most common and easiest to recycle plastic, as well as being the least toxic (along with HDPE #2), and creates the least amount of toxins during production. We hope to be using a plant based plastic alternative in the future, and stay abreast of advances in packaging. Our plan is to phase out plastic bottles as soon as possible.
If you have thoughts or comments on this subject, please email us.